Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tutorial

Some people are a little confused on how to build underwater. So here goes a tutorial. You only really need dirt and whatever material you want to frame your underwater house with, I used glass.
First things first you need to dig down and make a tunnel to the open water. Count from the surface how deep down you plan on having your under water tunnel and dig that many squares down.


Carve everything you can out of the way as you carve your way to sea.

This is what the tunnel to the sea looks like from the surface.

Alright, your tunnel has reached open water. Head out and go for a swim and find the hole you made from underwater. Seal it up and mark it so you know where it is.

Under water pictures did not turn out, so I recreating the tunnel on the surface so we can see. Start from where you sealed up your tunnel, and start placing dirt in the same space your tunnel has. in my case my tunnel was 4x4, so I continued placing 4x4 dirt from where I marked the tunnel.
Then you start putting a material around as a casing. In my case I used glass, so I can have the underwater tube look.
I finished casing my tunnel, now I added a little home on the end. I made this giant block of dirt to start framing the glass around.
All the glass is on, time to go back to the entrance of the tunnel and start digging.
I started digging out all the dirt I placed earlier, now instead of water in the tunnel you should be seeing nothing but air and glass.

Here is the real underwater tunnel I made.

If you leave just one pocket of water when placing the dirt you will run into a water pocket like this one when digging. Just throw some dirt on it and continue digging.

Reached my house I made underwater.

And here is the house when it was cleared of dirt.






No comments:

Post a Comment